Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Kids Say. . .

Miss Olivia is so funny. She just keeps us laughing. I took her to the doctor for a check-up so that she can be in preschool this year. I thought while we were there I would point out a little red, dry spot I've noticed at times over the summer on her arm where it bends. He said, "Oh, that's just a small patch of eczema." Olivia didn't really pay attention to what he was saying at the time. Well, notice the sound you hear at the end of the word "eczema." Later that evening when I said to Kris that she had a patch of eczema, she pulled her arm away from me and said, "No! It's Olivia." I looked confused and said, "What?!" She proceeded to to inform me that the spot was "ecz-Olivia" not "ecz-Emma" I laughed so hard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Remember Bob Sober?

Stephens said...

Ah, yes! I believe it went something like this:

Dad (with sadness, referring to Uncle Bob)--"I don't think I can remember the last time that I saw Bob sober."

You--"Dad, who is Bob Sober?"

That sure changed the mood of things in the car. Ha ha What funny memories. . . .

Anonymous said...

Oh, that is so funny! I just love the things that little ones say. It shows what's going on in their minds -- which is even funnier. Thanks for the good laugh. I am sure you laughed long and loud over that one.

Anonymous said...

You didn't clarify how old I was...I think it was around 8-10 years old! ha ha!