I know that I haven't gotten back to my blog since my dad's surgery. Sorry! I believe most of you know what is going on through our talking on the phone, updates on facebook, hearing things "through the grapevine", etc. :-) We are all praising the Lord for my dad's successful surgery. The doctor came out afterward and told us that he only had to do 4 bypasses, instead of 5. That was good. He did say though that my dad had severe heart disease and definitely needed the surgery. God's hand in all this has been so clear. Thankfully the heart muscle was not damaged. The problem was major blockage in the arteries. What a blessing that this was found out and that my dad never did have a major heart attack, causing permanent damage to his heart, or even death! Thank you for your prayers. We appreciate them still as the recovery takes quite some time and the lung issue is still a problem.
I am so glad that I had a week in SC. It was a special time with my family as we went through emotions and trials together. Here are some pictures of my trip that Sarah posted on facebook.
As for another prayer request. . .my sister is STILL pregnant, poor thing! She was due on Oct. 31. Her first baby came 6 wks. early. Who would've thought that she would go overdue with her 2nd. We thought maybe today was the day, and that would have been cool because it's my grandma's birthday. Well, it wasn't meant to be. I'm still on the 8th on the West coast, but Sarah is already into tomorrow on the East coast. :-) There have been many signs over the last couple of weeks that labor is close, but it never really gets going consistently. Maybe tomorrow. . . .My mom's b-day is Wed., but I know Sarah doesn't want to wait ANY longer!
No comments:
Post a Comment