Saturday, May 09, 2009

Awake

Well, I guess I shouldn't have taken that nap today that lasted until 5:30 PM. It sure felt good though! I just don't have the desire to go to bed for the night yet. My post may read Sat., but I would consider this late Fri. night. :-) I've been "stuck" doing nothing but resting these last two days, and tomorrow will be the same, so I guess I don't need to worry about going to bed at a certain time.

A lot has happened around here these last few days. On Wed. morning we received a call from Kris's Uncle Dave that Aunt Carol had gone home to be with Jesus in those early morning hours. Tears were shed, but we rejoiced that she no longer had to suffer and is now whole in the presence of her Savior. Kris had the opportunity to spend the day with Uncle Dave and was so thankful that he could. He was with Dave when the funeral home came to get Aunt Carol and was also able to go with Dave to talk through everything with the funeral director. One of Dave and Carol's sons is out of the country teaching a class that doesn't end until the beginning of this next week. Dave told him to finish that, get back home to Atlanta, and then fly out with his family to CA. There was thought that the funeral could be Friday of next week, but that won't work. A little background. . .Aunt Carol was the principal of San Bernardino Christian School for many years. They are a church school, and the plan has been to use their facilities for the funeral. There is a conflict though for next Fri. because of a yearly event that they have going on that day. A Sat. funeral would be $1,200 more, so the only other option was to have it on Mon., May 18. The funeral director does not believe it is a problem to wait that long. Please pray for Kris as he prepares to preach the funeral.

I didn't feel like I needed Kris home in order for the girls to get some school done, feed them lunch, etc. on Wed. They are not so dependent anymore. Besides, I was really looking forward to being up and around more anyway this week, since I've been feeling better and was close to the 1/2 way mark of recovery at that point. Well, after lunch I was surprised at some spotting that I all of a sudden had. I called the surgeon's office and left a voice mail with the nurse. She finally called a while later, told me my surgeon is out of town, and went over things with me that she could discuss with the other surgeon. I told her that it wasn't anything major, just very apparent and nothing I had seen before. They never called back that day. I figured that if they were concerned, they would have let me know. I went to bed without worrying too much about it. Well, first thing Thurs. morning, I get a call from the nurse, telling me that I need to go on bedrest for two days and that this is a setback in my recovery. The surgeon says that I probably am having stitches dissolve, and I am not quite healed, so I need to be still to let things heal better. Aaaaah--not the news I was wanting to hear, but ok, I certainly don't want to compromise my healing. I never want to have any of this done ever again, quite frankly!

I was a good patient yesterday, keeping my feet up and only getting up when necessary. :-) My husband is the most amazing man and has kept things running without complaint. I feel he has a lot on him right now, and I wish I could do more, but I know God has a reason for everything, including timing, so I trust Him. I figured since the spotting was all but gone by last night, I would do my one more day of resting and be good as new. This morning I realized I needed to adjust my plans. Things were actually worse when I first got up today, and they have continued to be a problem as the day has gone on. My plans for this week got shot, and I'm not sure that this Mother's Day will actually be spent with my kids the way I was intending, but again, I need to rest in God's sovereignty in this and get BETTER! I do appreciate your prayers for us.

Good things happening through this--I've been reading through Proverbs this week and have been greatly moved. I also am continuing to enjoy a good devotional book with current day missionary testimonies that my sister got me for my b-day last year. I've received uplifting cards from family and friends over the last couple of weeks. I've been on facebook tons and talked with so many people through chat or notes on each others walls. It's also allowed me to be more aware of how people are doing and if they've requested prayer for something. God has provided meals through the homeschool group all this week, even when one got canceled. Another mom saw the cancellation on the caringmeals site, called me that afternoon, and said that she wanted to bring us something. What a blessing! It was a wonderful meal too that we all enjoyed very much. It's been quite a week. We've cried, had our disappointments, etc., but we don't lose hope, because our God is bigger than all the tough things going on, He has a purpose for it, and He brings joy and laughter in the midst of it too. My fun kids and silly husband put a smile on my face many times a day too! I have much to be thankful for!!!

No comments: