
There are many things for which I would like to praise the Lord today:
1. Last Monday Kris and I celebrated our anniversary--13 yrs! We had a wonderful time up in the mtns. We went to Lake Arrowhead for dinner. We enjoyed walking around the village afterward, taking in the beauty there. Our girls had a fun time at the Fox's house with Sue. We are so thankful for her willingness to watch them. She had them the last part of the week before while we were at a wonderful church planting conference in OH.
2. We went to Disneyland last week for our last day until August. Our annual passes are blocked out until mid-August now. It was my first big, full, LONG day since surgery doing something like that, and I made it fine. Praise the Lord! I sure did feel it on Wed. though and was reminded that I have some more to go in my getting back to normal. What a special family day we had though, and we met a sweet Christian couple at the end of the day that we enjoyed fellowship with while waiting for the parade.
3. The girls and I worked last week on completing our required school days for the year. Friday night was a time for celebration with a meal at a new favorite restaurant, Islands, and then home for ice cream. We are done! It was a great first year of homeschooling. Both girls did so well, and by God's grace, we completed Kindergarten and 3rd grade together.
4. On Friday afternoon I went to a BJU press solutions meeting and was able to order things for both girls that we will use next year. I know it will be a lot better going into the school year with curriculum purchased well in advance and having an understanding of what we will be doing. Last summer was crazy! We moved the end of July, decided on what we were going to purchase for each girl in Aug., and we started school on Sept. 2. It was a whirlwind!
5. I went to the pool for the first time with the girls in months on Thurs. I wasn't allowed to be in the pool for quite some time after surgery. We all went as a family on Sat. and then again on Sunday night. Refreshing--especially when it was over 100 degrees on Sunday! Kris was ready to jump in the water after doing over an hour of door hangers in that heat. Anyway, it has been really nice to get out and do things as a family and to get myself moving again. I was able to get on the elliptical machine this morning too, and tonight we went on a family bike ride after dinner. Woohoo! I hope this can continue on a regular basis and that I see the results I NEED from exercising!
6. God has been bringing new people across our path in recent weeks who we can minister to, and we are very excited about the opportunities. Kris has had lunch with two different guys who are looking for a church. One of those men has come the last two Sundays and brought a friend with him. This past Sunday his wife came as well. She is an unbeliever, and we are praying for God to do a work in her heart. We would love to see her saved and have opportunity for discipleship with her.
I know I could go on in thanking the Lord for how He is working in my life, our family's life, and in the ministry here. He is always good! I will end for now though. I pray that you are seeing God at work in your life. Have a wonderful week of loving Him and loving others! Matt. 22:36-40
2 comments:
Congratulations of your 13 years of marriage and your first completed year of homeschooling :)
Lots of love,
Cheryl
We never did talk about your dinner date. I hope the food was good! Yea! for 13 years. wow..time is flying...that means Joe and I have been together 13 years! Wow!
Yea for you on completing a great year of homeschooling! I know it was a scary thought to even attempt it! You did a great job! I'm glad you can look forward to this next year. Happy Summer Vacation!!
Post a Comment