I have to agree that having warm weather most of the year is quite nice, but I DO miss 4 real seasons. I'm a MI girl. What can I say? Southern CA IS an amazing place with never-ending things to do and see. Who wouldn't love to live so close to the ocean, mountains, and deserts? Talk about variety! Besides, I am so thankful to be here because this is where God has called us to be part of His work. AND if God is burdening any of you to help with church planting in the West, we would LOVE to have you come join us!!! :-) We really are praying about/looking for people who would partner with us in the ministry here.
Well, I thought I would post a few pics from years past that take me back to that wonderful time in MI, enjoying a real Fall. I grew up there and had many, but with my own family, we enjoyed four--2004 to 2007. We moved in the summer of 2008. Hope you enjoy looking back with me. All these pics are taken in October of each of the years.
2004:

Olivia, not quite 1 1/2 with Daddy in the apple orchard

Emma in K-4 on the playground pile of wood chips (soon to be put out)


The two above are just pics I took while driving around town. Amazing, I tell you!
2005:
Fun at a local pumpkin patch for Emma's K-5 field trip
The above two are from our backyard. We had a few mature maples that were beautiful!
2006:
Here's the problem Kris had with so many trees in the backyard. :-) Olivia was being a little helper. hee hee
My mom and dad came for a visit, and we drove up North for a fall color tour of that part of MI. What fun we had and beautiful sights we saw!!
It does snow at amazing times in MI. This was taken in the middle of October!
2007:
My sister, Sarah, came for a visit. We took a drive to see color, but it was just starting. Still it was a beautiful day full of fun.

Sarah's little boy, Jonas, and the girls
A fun Fall field trip with Olivia
2 comments:
Beautiful pictures and precious memories! :-) Isn't fall a wonderful time of year?!?!
Your girls have grown up so fast, and I loved looking back at their younger pictures and remembering with you!!!
We are in a similar situation in Philly, because we are in the inner-city and there are just so few trees! There are two trees on our block (very small ones) and we live on a very long block.
I love to get out of the city (or at least to a park with TREES!) once a month or so!
Our church had a retreat in the mountains 2-1/2 hours away this past weekend, and my kids saw acorns for the first time (which is happy/sad--happy that they could see them; sad that they're a novelty!)
I know we are where God wants us though, and I am thankful when He allows us little weekends like that to enjoy (or even trips back in time through pictures!)
Do you ever wonder if there will be "fall" in heaven? Since there is no death/dying there? But how could we have heaven without the beautiful change of colors?? Ask Kris that one for me!!! Ha ha!
:-) Thanks for sharing!!
Oh, how that brings back memories of the Michigan Fall. I loved looking back at the pics of the girls. Where has time gone?
We loved that trip traveling up north with you all.
Great memories!
Love to you all!
Post a Comment