The girls were fading as the evening wore on, but they would get a burst of energy (probably from our laughing at Night at the Muse*m) and then assure us that they were going to make it until midnight. :-) Here they are trying to stay awake:
Well, they made it! Here is the first picture of 2010:
We enjoyed sleeping in and taking it easy on New Year's Day. Of course football was on, and I made wings for Kris, using the new Buffal* Wild Wings sauce (Caribbean Jerk) that I got him as a stocking stuffer. I enjoyed them too! The girls stuck with mild sauces. :-) Then as the weekend went on, we took the Christmas decorations down and started getting the house back in order. We had a great first Sunday of the new year with an introduction to our theme for the year--Love God! Love People! Kris took that Sunday to teach specifically on loving God and then today on loving people. Of course we want to grow in these areas and see these commands from Jesus lived out by His grace well beyond 2010!
A big step taken at the beginning of this year was putting an offer on a house! We still have not heard anything because it is a short sale (normally these take many months), but we did find out that a previous offer had been put on the same house in September. Those people pulled out, but it got the paperwork going. That means we may not have as long of a wait. We appreciate your prayers on this matter.
Before getting back into the swing of things with school, we took the girls to Disneyl*nd for a day of fun. I surprised them by asking our friend, Ruth, to join us. The girls didn't find out Ruth was coming until the morning we were going. They were very excited! Another exciting thing about the day was that Olivia got to ride Californi* Screamin' (an awesome roller coaster) in Disn*y's California Adventure. She's been waiting to be tall enough, and she finally measured up! :-) This roller coaster launches you so fast at the beginning and even goes upside down, but it is one of the smoothest roller coasters ever made. It is definitely a family favorite! I'll end with some pics from our day at Disn*y:
Emma and I always try to make a different silly face each time we ride. :-)
Olivia was NOT tall enough for the Maliboomer, so she and I watched.
Some of the Christmas decorations were still up!
No comments:
Post a Comment