Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Hello out there!

Did your RSS Feeder just go into shock upon seeing I have a blog post? :-) I was encouraged by a friend this morning to get back on and post something. After a real pain of trying to figure out how to do a new layout, I am able to post. Last time I wrote, I described "a whirlwind of a month" we had been having. I feel that I can describe the last SEVERAL months as being a bit of a whirlwind. . .Hah--even the last year! I can hardly believe that it is even possibly the middle of September! Here are some things that have happened since I last posted:

-We moved into our new house June 1.
-The unpacking and setting up of the house began (and is still going on).
-My aunt and uncle came out to SoCal for a conference, and we were able to spend time off and on with them for a few days in June.
-I had changed us over to "year round" schooling, so we worked on school for a couple of weeks.
-Emma went to summer camp in the desert and had a blast the last week of June/beginning of July.
-We went on an amazing vacation to MI for almost 2 1/2 weeks in July.
-Came home from MI, and we worked on another week of school.
-First week of August we enjoyed having friends from SC, the Thompson family, come out to help our church with canvasing the area.
-We finished our school year by the middle of August and took a little break.
-Last week we started our new school year. I have a 5th grader and a 2nd grader this year--WOW!

I'm obviously skipping many other details, but life is moving right along, and as always, our God is good through every bit of it. We've seen real challenges from vehicle problems this summer to saying "goodbye" to four core people at our church who moved East, and all the while we have experienced God's grace given for those things. We have known several blessings such as finding the house, spending time with family and friends we love that live so far away, ministry opportunities with people God has brought into our lives, as well as our own family being ministered to by loving people here.

Lately a theme has come up "coincidentally" (yeah, right) in several places (girls' SS lessons, Bible lesson for school, Scripture reading Sun. morning in the service), and that is the steadfast love of our God. I've been greatly encouraged by meditating on this truth recently. I would encourage you to sit and read Psalm 103 when you get a chance. We have a great God!

Until next time, whenever that may be. . . . :-)

1 comment:

A Hint of Home said...

It was a great summer of seeing and enjoying time together as a family. Loved every minute with you guys.
Miss all of you! We do serve a GREAT God!