Monday, October 16, 2006

Finally Updating! :-)

Well, I really am still alive and well. Whew! The last few weeks have been so busy but full of lots of fun. As I have mentioned before, Fall is my favorite time of year. It is especially awesome in MI. The colors we've seen this year have been the best yet since we moved. It's been great having all the opportunities we've had out in nature recently to talk of God's power and majesty with our girls and to be in awe of God as Creator together as a family. The last few weeks have brought everything from visiting a cider mill with friends, an incredible week of warm weather with a surprise visit from my parents (who came with us on a fall color tour up north and along part of the western shoreline of MI), to freezing cold temps this past week (complete with snow!!!), a cold 9:30 AM soccer game, AWANA Sparks hike at City Forest, and a fun Harvest party with our Sunday school class Sat. night. That included children, and we had a bonfire, hayride, awesome food and fellowship. We had some new people come, and Kris was able to give the gospel to the husband. We made smores and enjoyed hot chocolate and spiced cider. I tell you what, it has been really fun! I thank God for giving us these wonderful past few weekends. I will be posting lots of pics as I can get them sorted out.

2 comments:

Jenny said...

I remember my own Sparky Hikes...fun times.

Nice pics!

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love seeing all the pictures. I especially love the sunset ones, and I am glad to see such a great pic of you and Kris. Looks like loads of fun. I was beginning to worry about you after not having seen a new post for SOOOOO long! Glad to see you are back!