
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
Sunday, January 21, 2007
Flat Stanley
Well, a most interesting thing happened yesterday. A package came for Emma and Olivia. It had a paper doll, a notebook, and a letter inside. We noticed that it had been sent from our good friends, the Spauldings, and had actually been to several different homes before theirs. Some children in Tennessee are part of a homeschool geography club, and they recently read a funny book called Flat Stanley by Jeff Brown. They explained the story in the letter and told how they were making flat dolls of their own and sending them off to see the world. They sent the package first to some friends and asked their friends to send it all on to another family. The plan is that the doll and everything keeps getting sent to another family, hopefully in a different state or part of the world, every one to two weeks. The kids are keeping track of the progress of their dolls by those who receive them sending e-mails and information about their part of the world. The kids then can study about the area that their dolls are traveling to each week or so. Neat idea, huh? The doll has been to Detroit, Kentucky, Chicago, South Carolina, St. Louis, and now Midland. Anyway, our girls are excited to be a "host family." We took a picture of them with the doll today (right after Olivia's nap) :-) and e-mailed the family who made it. We also sent them pictures of our current weather conditions. It has been snowing heavily this afternoon and is only 25 degrees--BRRRR!!! It is beautiful though. Here are the same pictures for you to see:



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
How cute it that! What a great idea! I love you girls. Have fun in the snow!
That is a wonderful idea...now, I'm so curious about the book that I'm going to put it on my "next time I visit the library" list. and on my "in case I end up homeschooling" list as well!
That is too wild! Zachary and Noah just got done doing a Flat Stanley also! we had allot of fun with it... My sister in law is a teacher in Sparta, MI and one of her students mailed Flat Stanley to us---it is now in route to Niger to visit with the Wright's. it is a really neat idea! i think i may need to pick up the book to read to the boys, too...
have fun with all that snow! we got about 2 inches on Sunday--just not enough to really play in, though, and it is very cold here as well!!
MaryBeth
what a great idea! i think i will have to do the book too just like everyone else! =)
Andrea: I don't believe I have ever met you before. I linked on your blog from Jenny Muth's, whom I went to Northland with. There also is a connection that goes way back. My dad was saved at 17 under your father-in-law's ministry when he was youth pastor at Marquette in the 70's. My dad loved your father-in-law and often said that he was one of the greatest influences in his life. He went to many of my dad's high school football games and cheered him on. He also played the trumpet in my parents wedding. I don't think I ever had the opportunity to meet him, but I feel that he had an indirect influence on my life as well. He left a great impact on the lives he touched! Anyway, just wanted to drop you a line since I ran into you. I also love music, but am not as "talented" and involved as you sound...I am also interested in exposing my children to good music/lessons, etc. My oldest is almost 3 and was wondering what you would suggest.
bty...awesome idea of the travelling package! I will definitely put that in my mental file!
p.s. my dad's name is Pat Quinn... f.y.i.
When are you going to blog again? Its been a while! :-)
Post a Comment