Well, Monday is almost over and I haven't read my friend Jenny's instructions well (just skimmed) enough to do this "right." Hopefully by next week I'll have it together. Part of the reason I haven't gotten it together is that I have been in really bad back spasms for about a week now. Everything caught up to me--packing to move, the emotion involved, the 2,600 mile drive, etc. With my fibromyalgia and certain other physical difficulties, I don't "hold up" well after all of that.
I have much to praise the Lord for though:
First, I haven't had this bad of a problem with my muscles/back trouble in over 2 yrs. I have my daily fibromyalgia issues, but that can be very minimal, and has been more that way in recent years, thankfully.
Second, I have found a chiropractor here in Riverside who is helping me. I have a story on how that worked out, but it's too late right now to tell. I just want to thank God for the amazing way it worked out for me to get in to see this chiropractor and how meeting him has led us to some other great info. and help in homeschooling and private lessons.
Third, we are in our new home, and we have things situated well enough to function. I have a wonderful husband and two great little girls who help make things easier. We are not set up to feel that "home sweet home" feeling, seeing that we still have lots of boxes needing to be unpacked around here, but we had a couple from church come last Tues. when I was getting really bad physically, and they helped unpack most of our kitchen. Kris has done what we need for our bedrooms/bathrooms to be livable, so we are doing fine right now. The rest will come in time. I have been able to do some as I pace myself.
Fourth, Kris's Aunt Carol, who lives nearby and goes to our church, had a mild heart attack over the weekend, and she is doing o.k. right now. She is still in the hospital, but we think she will be able to go home soon. We thank God that nothing worse happened to her. The doctor's believe the heart attack was due to high blood pressure that she actually didn't know she had. They did a test today that showed her arteries are fine, no blockage.
Fifth, we had a wonderful church service yesterday with 33 people in attendance. We focused on the holiness of our God as we sang and read Scripture pertaining to that attribute of Him. One family visited that lives about 25 mins. away, and then we had surprise visitors from Phoenix show up--Kris's Uncle Bob, Aunt Judy, and his cousin, Carrie, and her children. They were in CA at a vacation spot South of here by an hour or so. They knew we had just moved and wanted to come to our service. We were able to go to Applebee's afterward and catch up with them. It was nice to be with family.
Well, I must head to bed, but I realized that I had never made it up to the computer today to share these blessings. If for no one else, I wanted to review them for myself, as I need to make sure I focus on the greatness of our God, even in the midst of pain. God is good--all the time!
1 comment:
It's always great to hear what God is doing. Praying for you, often!
Post a Comment