Tuesday, July 29, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!

That's right, you read correctly. About 15 mins. ago we just had an earthquake. It's all over the news out here right now. They are saying it was approx. 5.8 on the scale. I was upstairs with the girls. I was sitting down watching Olivia on the computer, and all of a sudden, the windows were rattling. For a split second I thought, "What in the world is driving by." Then when I realized I was moving, and the house was swaying, I said, "GIRLS! Come down with me right now." Emma said, "Are we having an EARTHQUAKE???" Kris was running out of his office (laughing) and said, "Well, how'd you like our first earthquake?" At first he thought the girls were upstairs making some major racket above him, but then he knew what was happening. He was working at his desk and felt the ground shaking beneath him. The tall lamp in his office was swaying pretty good too. After we all were standing in the living room trying to process what happened, I said, "I did not like that!" Meanwhile Kris and Emma are jumping up and down, giving each other high fives. Olivia looked totally scared and not sure what to think. I am still having an adrenaline rush. It totally freaked me out! I must say I had a good adjustment at the chiropractor this morning, but I have never moved that fast down the stairs since we moved in. ha ha The news coverage was immediate. They are getting info. from people over in L.A. and down to San Diego and all the way up to Las Vegas saying they felt this. The proposed epicenter is in Chino Hills, only 30 miles from here. Thankfully this was nothing major and no damage seems to have happened. What an adventure. . . Welcome to California!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Oh my word. I am dying laughing at the image you painted of your family's reactions. Thanks for sharing that!!

Anonymous said...

thanks for sharing! i, too, am laughing at all the reactions..i could totally see our family reacting in a similar way. welcome to CA... glad to hear that you guys survived and no damage is reported...i heard about it on the news and had to check out facebook and then your blog--the epicenter was pretty close to you guys! WOW--miss you and love ya!!

A Hint of Home said...

So glad it wasn't worse and that you all are ok and no damage to your home.

Anonymous said...

What a nice shaky welcome to California, huh? I'm glad you survived your first earthquake and lived to tell about it on your blog! Anyway...WELCOME TO CA!! We're so excited that you're here! Your family traveled some of the same roads that we did on our Summer Road trip, on your way out here. We are so happy you made it safe and sound, and look forward to seeing you soon! ~Kim & Rick and kids :)