Monday, August 04, 2008

Works of God Monday



So, I am going to make this short and sweet. :-) We are officially homeless. That is, we no longer own a home as of today. Thankfully we had our closing in MI (without us, of course), and everything was finalized. The check is in the mail. What a blessing to see God's hand in all that has happened over the last few months. Our house was one of our biggest concerns. The market in MI is not one you want to be selling your house in. We didn't really want to move across the country and leave a house unsold. We trusted God for what His best was in the situation. We knew that He has clearly been the One to lead us in everything concerning the ministry here in CA. The house was going to sell in His timing. After having the house on the market for only 16 days, we had a good offer on the table and were in the process of selling it to people who came to an open house our realtor did for us. Amazing! What an answer to our prayers. Many people came to us in amazement over this news, and they said that it was like an exclamation point on our needing to move to CA. Confirmation from God couldn't have been more clear to us, and we praise Him for how He has and is working in our lives.

One other thing--I was greatly encouraged in God's word yesterday as we looked at Psalm 46 during our worship service. I am so thankful that no matter what struggles we face, God is our refuge and strength!

3 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

Sorry to hear you're homeless.
(smile)

We are praising the Lord your house sold and you do not have that burden on your shoulders.
You can concentrate now on the work God called you to do.

Jenny said...

I have to admit when I read that first line I just about fell off my chair. Until I kept reading. LOL. Don't do that to the pregnant friend!!! I'm glad your house sold, but even MORE glad that you have a place to live and are not on the streets of Riverside!!! :-) Praise the Lord for all He is doing!

Anonymous said...

Praise the Lord! That is so awesome! It's so great to see God's hand in each and every step of the way during your move to CA - and even up to now. YAY!! All GLORY goes to the LORD!! I hope you all are settling in well. We will have to come and visit you at your new house in Riverside.