
Today was a good day of finalizing what I need for Olivia for homeschooling. I was fortunate to have a lady from our last church give me some of the materials that I would need for K-5. That is helping us to save some money--whoo hoo, that's always a good thing! I have also had great advice and direction on what I need and don't need given to me from my friend, Marybeth, who used the same homeschool materials when she taught her son K-5. What a blessing she has been, both before I left Midland, as well as on the phone since I've moved to CA! I finally feel like I know a bit of how things will go this year. Getting the girls' materials figured out is a huge task that I can check off the list now.
Emma's boxes of books and materials arrived today. She was so excited when we were walking outside and happened to see a big brown truck in front of the house. I said, "Oh, Emma, I wonder if that's for us. Your homeschool things should be arriving any day." Sure enough, I saw the side of one of the boxes that the delivery man had put on his seat, and I knew we had our 3rd grade kit. I was encouraged to see Emma jumping up and down, calling for Kris to come see what had just arrived. How I pray her enthusiasm will continue once we get started and go through this year! :-)
We are so thankful for how God has led us in this area of homeschooling. We are finding out rather quickly how big the homeschooling community is here. The chiropractor that I found is a Christian, and his wife homeschools their children. Not only that, she helps to head up a support group right here in Riverside. She has given me great info. that I need to know for homeschooling in this state, led me to websites, and invited me to the first meeting last week that the support group was having. I felt a little funny going, not knowing anyone, and wondering what I was "getting myself into," but I left encouraged, educated on more homeschooling issues, and thankful that I had gone. We planned some field trips and park days for next month, and I am very excited about our girls meeting other kids to interact with.
God is good! He IS supplying all of our needs. He IS doing exceedingly, abundantly, above all that we could ask or think. Our God is Who He says He is, and we can trust Him with all of our hearts.
1 comment:
God is indeed to be trusted and taken at his word. So happy all is going well.
Miss you all.
Post a Comment