
What a wonderful Thanksgiving we ended up having! Kris's cousin, Rick, and his family were able to join us for dinner. They have four kids, the newest of the crew being only two weeks old. You can see her here. What a sweetie! There is nothing like a snuggly newborn. Rick and Kim's other kids range in age from 7 down to 2 yrs. old. Our girls had a great time playing with them. They were able to keep themselves occupied most of the time, but I did have some organized activities for them too. They did a cookie craft that looked like turkeys when they were done, and they also made turkey headbands out of construction paper. Fun times! I would show you pics, but my camera is not connecting with my computer right now. :-( I dropped the camera at Disneyland a couple of weeks ago, and I think I loosened the connector for our cable or something. We are still taking good pictures, but I can't get them on the computer--not good!
After we had dinner, Rick and Kim were able to take food to Uncle Dave and Aunt Carol--Rick's parents. Carol is adjusting to being home after months of being in the hospital and the rehabilitation center following her cancer surgery and the stroke that took place. She was just not ready to be out of the house and over to our place for Thanksgiving, nor was she up to having a house full of company. We are just glad that we could send some Thanksgiving dinner over to them and their other son who was visiting from Fresno, so that they could at least feel somewhat a part of the holiday. We thank God for how He is working in Aunt Carol's recovery!
Over the last several days, we have enjoyed reflecting on God's goodness and grace in our lives. Everyone was able to share something they were thankful for when Rick and Kim were over for Thanksgiving, but we also did more in-depth sharing with our girls and our new church family on other days this past week. Kris read most of Psalm 107 during our Thanksgiving praise service. We sang and spoke in between his reading sections of the Psalm, and it was wonderful to hear people giving testimony of God's working in their lives.
We enjoyed watching some home movies this weekend too and looking back over the last several years of our girls growing up and changing so much. Wow--time sure does fly, and we need to treasure every moment together! A big thank you goes out to Kris's brother, Kurt, and his wife for inspiring us to pull out our home videos. We called them this past week and heard lots of laughter in the background, and we found out it was from their watching their own videos of years gone by. We hadn't done that ourselves in way too long, and what a blessing it was to do together as a family.
Before I go, I have to say again how thankful I am for the homeschool group that God led me to here in Riverside. We moms met for our first Mon. of the month meeting tonight but made it a bit of a Christmas party at one of the ladies' houses. By the way it is weird to be having a Christmas party on a day that was 85 degrees! Decorating for Christmas in shorts and t-shirts these last two days is different for sure. Ha ha Anyway, what a wonderful time of fellowship it was tonight, getting to know these ladies better and being able to share God's blessings in our lives.
1 comment:
I like your Christmas-y blog. :) Thanks for the sweet words about our family, and our new little bundle of joy. We really really enjoyed spending time with you at Thanksgiving too! And our kids had a blast also!! I am so glad that they get along so well. We will definately have to get together more often. Hope you all are doing well.
Post a Comment