Well, I see that the last post I did was on Mother's Day. How funny! I've not spent a lot of time in the blog world as of late. The times this computer has been on has been mostly for homeschooling, email, facebook, and Webkinz. :o) I have sort of "come alive" the last couple of weeks though and am trying to be pretty much back to normal. Thankfully, that is going well!
Today was indeed a special Father's Day. I have the most wonderful husband in the world, and my girls are so privileged to have him as their father! We enjoyed going to church together today and praising our Heavenly Father with fellow believers. After church we went to Kris's favorite place for food--Buffalo Wild Wings. On the way there, I called my dad and wished him a happy day, wishing I could share it with him. We came home after lunch and gave Kris his present, which Emma did a great job picking out with me last weekend. He has a new outfit made up of choc. brown cargo shorts and a cool new plaid shirt to match--very CA! I haven't put the pics on the computer today though. We've been relaxing. I'm on the upstairs computer anyway, and we can only put the memory card in Kris's laptop downstairs. He's using that right now. I broke the spot on the camera that our cord connects to when I dropped the camera at Disneyland a while back. :-( Moving on. . . .
We are starting a new book in Sunday school next week. We are in between studies, so I was thankful for the "stand alone" lesson that Kris decided to do today. It was titled, "God, Our Father." He asked us to think about 3 things:
1. What Our Father is Like
2. What Our Father Does
3. How We should Act Toward Our Father
Under each point he listed Bible verse after Bible verse that we all took turns reading and then discussing. I was overwhelmed at the goodness of God to call me to be His child and give me a Heavenly inheritance. I was humbled to see His love in showing compassion, mercy, grace, discipline, hope, strength, and much more to and for me. I was convicted to love Him and pray to him more, honor and respect Him rightly, and by His grace to know and obey His precious word. My earthly father lives farther away from me than ever before. My husband's father chose to take himself from us. Kris and I are thankful for both of these men. God blessed us with loving, caring fathers. Though we may not be able to be near our dads for different reasons, we rejoice that God, our Father is never far way and will never leave us. He is the God of all comfort, and the source of our peace. We trust Him and His sovereign will for our lives. What a wonderful Heavenly Father we serve!
1 comment:
We do indeed have a wonderful heavenly Father.
Wish we could have spent the day together. We are thankful for kris, you and the girls.
Love you!
Post a Comment