Monday, July 20, 2009

Works of God Monday



What a big day today was for us! We took our "baby" and dropped her off in the middle of the Mojave desert for summer camp. I know Emma is not a baby anymore, but it is hard to believe that she is now the age of a junior camper. I am so glad that she has this opportunity. God provided through a couple of different ways for her to be able to go to camp this year. We praise Him for working out all the details. I know that this will be a fun week for Emma, and I pray a time for spiritual growth in her life. We were excited to get to meet the speaker, counselor, and several other staff members at camp today. It was nice that we didn't have to drop her and rush off. The workers were so welcoming and kind. They drove us down to the cabin area where we were greeted with lots of excitement. We were able to get Emma settled in her cabin. She was the first camper in that cabin to arrive, so she was able to pick out her bunk bed (top, of course) and then unpack a few things out of her suitcase. I hid a card in her sleeping bag after she got it set up on the mattress and was looking around at things with Olivia. :-) Speaking of Olivia, she is definitely missing her big sister already! Our girls' lives changed so much this year, and they have grown so close to one another. It's been a wonderful blessing. They always have been sweet to each other and played well even in MI. Now they are homeschooled and in a very small church with no kids their ages yet, so it's created a deeper bond between them. It will be interesting to see how things are around here this week, but I have some plans with Olivia. I'm going to enjoy some special time with her that we don't often get to have by ourselves.

I had our camera with me today, so I snapped some pictures before we left:


A true Western experience!


Excitement and nervousness all running through her. . .


The cabin she'll "call home" this week.


Posing with Miss Elizabeth, her counselor


Setting up the bunk bed she chose


Beautiful scenery around the camp!


Kris and Olivia stopping to pose during our exploration of the camp.


This is part of the room where Emma will be for services.


Here is where the kids eat their meals.


Emma can hardly wait to ride a horse! I tried to snap a quick pic on our bumpy jeep ride back to the parking lot and got a bit of the seat in there.

2 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

Thanks for sharing all the wonderful pics. We felt we were there with you guys. Praying for Emma this week that she learns more truths from God's work to apply in her life.

A Hint of Home said...

I e-mailed Emma late last night. I hope she gets it today. That is a neat system.