
Today I thank God for providing the unexpected blessings. Dinner was provided for our family tonight by someone that I don't know very well. I met this sweet sister in Christ, Tina, last year at the first mom's night for our homeschool group, and we had a great time talking then. She hasn't been able to be very involved with that group, so I've only seen her a few times in the last year. I found out that she went to church with the daughter of a couple in our church. Also, her husband and a new guy in our church, Jeff, witness and hand out tracts at the courthouse building in our city. I had no idea. We helped Jeff out last month by housing some Australian guys who were coming to the US for evangelism training with Way of the Master, which Jeff is a trainer for. He wanted us and the Aussies to go to dinner with him and his wife one night. I found out on the way that Jeff's friend and his family were going to join us. Guess who walks in the door at the restaurant? You guessed it--Tina! We were both surprised to see each other, and everyone else is like, "You know each other??" Ha ha We got to share some wonderful fellowship that evening.
I wrote Tina recently to tell her about my girls' infections and to see if her kids had come down with anything after playing with mine. Tina knew we were at the beginnings of doctors visits with Emma then and heard her cough that night. We were all thinking it was allergies and asthma only. Ha! I was hoping her kids wouldn't have gotten sick with the same thing. Well, when Tina realized that we have still battled sickness here and that Olivia was quite bad, being up through the night lately, she just wanted to do something nice for us. She wrote me on facebook and asked for me to let her bring dinner and that she would be blessed to do it for us. Wow! WE were certainly blessed by her generosity and caring heart!
I have to say that I was really fighting discouragement on Sunday, not getting to go to church again and having this sickness go on and on with the girls. I've been very tired, and things have just been "getting to me." God used Tina to be a real help, and He also used His word yesterday to get me thinking like I should. It's been wonderful reading through the book of Matthew in the last week and seeing God's power. We serve that same God today and His love overwhelms me! I pray you know Him and are seeing Him work in your own life as well. Have a great week!
2 comments:
What a blessing Tina was. How sweet of her to think of you guys. It's great to see God blessing your lives.
I wish we were closer to help out in some way. It was fun seeing you girls on webcam yesterday.
Love you guys!
That is awesome. How sweet of Tina. I ditto mom...wish so badly we could be there for you in times of need. Love you!
Post a Comment