I will keep this short and sweet tonight. :-) Our God is working every day, not just Monday, but I have enjoyed this weekly post that my friend Jenny got started a long time ago. We get to read and share what God is doing in our lives. We can share our hearts and pray for one another. I would encourage you to leave comments as well to share with me/us how God is working in your life, and we can rejoice together! Today, I just want to say how thankful I am that we have God's precious Word. Too often it is taken for granted, and we have no idea just how fortunate we are to be able to own a Bible (or many in our houses). How special is this book to us? I know for me, I don't treasure it as I ought, and God has convicted me of that recently. It has been a joy to be reading through the New Testament lately. Currently I am following a schedule to read through the NT in 90 days. I would encourage you to try this as well, if you are wondering where to read. The same Jesus I am reading about right now in the gospels is MY Lord and Savior because of God's grace. Oh how I love Him and long to live for Him more each day, resting and trusting as I should.
You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
Monday, September 21, 2009
Works of God Monday
I will keep this short and sweet tonight. :-) Our God is working every day, not just Monday, but I have enjoyed this weekly post that my friend Jenny got started a long time ago. We get to read and share what God is doing in our lives. We can share our hearts and pray for one another. I would encourage you to leave comments as well to share with me/us how God is working in your life, and we can rejoice together! Today, I just want to say how thankful I am that we have God's precious Word. Too often it is taken for granted, and we have no idea just how fortunate we are to be able to own a Bible (or many in our houses). How special is this book to us? I know for me, I don't treasure it as I ought, and God has convicted me of that recently. It has been a joy to be reading through the New Testament lately. Currently I am following a schedule to read through the NT in 90 days. I would encourage you to try this as well, if you are wondering where to read. The same Jesus I am reading about right now in the gospels is MY Lord and Savior because of God's grace. Oh how I love Him and long to live for Him more each day, resting and trusting as I should.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
AMEN for the blessing of God's Word. Michael is still on track reading with you guys, but I've fallen woefully behind. :-/ We did just get an audio version of the NT on Sunday at church, so that is another way to be saturated with the Word. Thanks for sharing your blessings!
Post a Comment