Sunday, December 06, 2009

Whirlwind of a Fall

Well, I'm back! I know, I do this so often. I get on a blogging kick and then disappear for a while. I have to say though that this Fall has been full of activity for us, and I have spent little time at the computer (well, except for Facebook). Last month was a fun, but crazy month of going non-stop. We went to SC to see my parents, sister and her family, Kris's brother and his family, as well as several dear friends. We were gone for a week and a half and so much enjoyed our time of celebrating birthdays, enjoying fellowship, and just getting away for awhile on vacation. We got amazing prices on flights from LA to Charlotte, NC--under $800 for all four of us! My family lives just under an hr. and a 1/2 from Charlotte, so it worked out fine. It was better to fly the beginning of Nov. than at Christmas. We knew our friends from MI would be coming to visit us here in CA right after our getting home from SC, but we figured we could do it all. :-) It was great, but I don't think we could have packed more into a month! My body reminded me that I was nuts, but I'm glad it all worked out. We did so many fun things with the Browns and continued to learn more about SoCal ourselves. We were able to count a few field trips in for the girls--everything from the San Diego Zoo, botanical gardens at a local university and tide pools at the ocean, to a cultural day in LA, visiting Chinatown and Olvera Street ("Little Mexico"). We were able to get some Disney days in there as well and have Thanksgiving in the midst of all the traveling around. We are so thankful that the Browns came out for those 12 days, and we have really missed them since they left! I have TONS of pictures up on Facebook of our trip to SC and the Browns' visit here with us. Send me a friend request, if we aren't connected there. I don't think I am going to try to put the pics up on my blog too.

Well, now I am trying to get into the Christmas season. It seems that it is already passing me by. I am still in the process of decorating. Normally I start Thanksgiving weekend, but we still had company, so I figured I would start the day after they headed home. I was too exhausted and had started getting sick, so I took time to rest most of this past week instead. I'm still fighting it but am getting somewhat better. Anyway, we'll get the decorating done in the next couple of days. People are more important, as well as getting healthy, so I'm not bothered by it being later this year. I AM stressing a bit about Christmas cards. I don't have a plan! I need to get on that this week for sure.

The first order of business for this week is celebrating our special "little" girl's 10th birthday! I can hardly believe that Emma is going to be 10 yrs. old tomorrow. God has blessed us with an amazing daughter, and I thank Him for the very special gift of her and the relationship that He has allowed us to have. I have a very big lump in my throat, realizing the awesome responsibility of raising a child and knowing that the first decade of her life is done. We look forward to the next decade with all the changes we know are ahead, trusting God for His continued grace and wisdom in raising a godly young lady for His glory. My sweet Emma is such a blessing, and I wish her the happiest of birthdays as she enters the double digits! :-)

No comments: