Friday, January 15, 2010

Praying for Haiti

My heart (as I'm sure yours is as well) has been so heavy for the people of Haiti. I've watched the incredible coverage done by CNN over the last few days and cried over people's suffering, rejoiced at rescues, and prayed for these poor people going through unimaginable trials. We've also praised God for the finding of people we know who are in Haiti and their safety through it all.

I also think of the spiritual needs of the Haitian people and pray that they will hear the Gospel and trust Christ Who loves them and can heal them. We know that God is sovereignly in control of all things and is good at all times. I came across two things that I want to share with you this morning:

1. Please read this whole article.

2. I found this on Holly Straton's facebook today--Jesus is in your house of mourning, dear Haitians. "He is w/ you in your bereaved grief. He goes w/ you to the grave to weep. Spiritual blessings will bloom around that grave, far more beautiful than flowers w/ which you deck it, if your sorrow draws you to Christ, making you acquainted w/ Him, the weeping & sympathizing Savior, the loving Friend & Brother, born for this crushing adversity." -O.Winslow

1 comment:

A Hint of Home said...

Andrea,
This article touched my heart. My heart goes out to the people of that country.
We all need to reach out to them in so many ways.
Thanks for sharing this.
Hugs!