Saturday, April 03, 2010

Four Stabilizing Truths

This is something that Ken Collier from The WILDS Christian Camp in NC put together. It is so interesting to me that last Sunday morning Kris decided to talk through these truths with us in Sunday School. It was so good to go to these passages from God's word and discuss the application of them. We weren't "supposed" to be doing that for SS, but Kris realized we were going to have a very small group together and didn't want to do Part 2 of his previous week's lesson with so many gone. I know the Lord led him to this:


1. God's LOVE for me is unchanging.
*Jeremiah 31:3--The Lord appeared to him from far away. I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have continued my faithfulness to you.

2. God's PURPOSE for me is Christlikeness.
*Romans 8:28-29--And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose. For those whom he foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, in order that he might be the firstborn among many brothers.

3. God's WORD to me is the final, right answer.
*2 Peter 1:3-4 His divine power has granted to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence, by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

4. God's GRACE for me is sufficient.
*2 Corinthians 12:9-10--But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly of my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may rest upon me. For the sake of Christ, then, I am content with weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecutions, and calamities. For when I am weak, then I am strong.

This past week especially has involved a roller coaster of emotions. I shared in my previous post some prayer requests and the sadness that accompanied those circumstances. We also have had great joy this week in focusing on Christ's salvation offered to us because of His work on the cross and preparing for Easter tomorrow. And yesterday we received good news that the short sale house that we put an offer on at the beginning of Jan. has finally gone to the approved state with the lender. Our agent has ordered an appraisal, home inspection, etc. for us now. We hope to close at the end of this month! With all of these different things happening in a matter of four days, I feel a bit like a pendulum swinging back and forth. Thinking of these four stabilizing truths has been extremely helpful to me this week. I love God's timing! I need to keep remembering God's word through all the other change and events ahead of us. The next two months were already going to be full, and now to add a move on top of it will call for extra grace and strength. I know the Lord gives just what we need.

Update: Aunt Sue did make it through the last couple of nights. She is going to be taken to a hospice care facility now. We appreciate your continued prayers.

2 comments:

A Hint of Home said...

Those aree four truths to be reminded of often.

I know the next few wks. are challenging for you. We will be praying for added strength for you.

Wish we could have spent Easter together.
Love you all!

Embracing the Insanity said...

Always, always blessed reminders!
I can never hear these truths too often.
Thank you!!