Monday, April 05, 2010

Works of God Monday



I pray that you all had a blessed Easter Sunday, celebrating our risen Savior. We had a wonderful day yesterday. In Sunday school we were challenged in the area of worship. We also had a very special service and were excited to have 3 new people visit with us at HBC. The music, Scripture readings, and the preaching of God's word was a joy to be part of, as we were constantly pointed to our great God and the amazing love of Jesus Christ. We were reminded that the reason we come together each Sunday is to celebrate and worship our risen Lord. I am so thankful for God's love and grace to me. His mercy too is overwhelming, and I praise Him for the salvation offered to us because of Christ's work on the cross and power of His resurrection.

I do want to update you on my Aunt Sue. Today she went home to Heaven. Thank you for your prayers. It has been a shock to have just found out on Wed. that she was even sick, hear her diagnosis a couple of days later, and then lose her today. I am so glad that she does not have to suffer though. Please pray for my dad and his siblings. My dad is one of eight children. They have now lost two sisters and one brother. I know that my dad would like to share his heart at the funeral, and that would include the gospel. Please pray for those who may not yet know Christ as personal Savior, that God may use even this difficult time to draw people to Himself. Our family appreciates your prayers.

No comments: