Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Jonas Charles Barker

Yeah!!!!! I have a nephew! Little Jonas took everyone by surprise and came 5 weeks early. We are so glad that he is healthy and growing well now. God gave me an unexpected opportunity to go to Greenville to meet the little guy and help my sister for a week. I was able to drive down with a couple of college students from our church who already had a trip planned to leave the night Jonas was born. They heard about his coming early and my wishing I could be there and offered to take me. I knew nothing of their plans to be going to Greenville! Kris had extra time off that week due to the holiday and stayed with the girls. The neatest thing was that I didn't tell Sarah I was coming. We left late on July 3, drove through the night, and I showed up at the hospital after lunch on July 4. It was truly emotional!





What an awesome head of hair, huh?

No comments: