You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock. Isaiah 26:3-4
Friday, December 08, 2006
My Seven Year Old
Yesterday we were able to celebrate Emma's birthday and thank God for the wonderful 7 years He has given her. It is hard to believe in some ways that we have a child who is 7 and in first grade. What a blessing though! Emma is a wonderful little girl. She is definitely entering a different phase of life. Preschool is over, interests are changing, physical and spiritual growth has been very evident. I am reminded to cherish each day with Emma and Olivia. They are gifts from God, and as you all know about my friend, Laura, recently losing her 5 yr. old, we've been reminded that we don't know how long any of us will be here. We do know that God is in charge of our lives and knows how long we will have them on this earth. We want to make good, lasting, precious memories along the way that God will be pleased with. I don't want to look back with regret one day, wishing I had spent more time with my girls, wanting to take back words I have said, or having not pointed them every day to our God. With His strength and help, Kris and I are trying to raise them the right way and enjoy every stage of life with them. Pray for us as we continue this huge, but wonderful, responsibility.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Emma, you are not supposed to be getting old this fast! You are becoming such a beautiful young lady. I love watching you change, I just wish I could wrap my arms around you on a weekly basis! (even daily!) You have the best parents in the world! They love you so much. I can't wait to see you in just a couple weeks. Baby Jonas can't wait to have you hold him. And I can't wait to hold you! We love you!
Aunt Sarah, Uncle Joe and Jonas
Happy birthday Emma!! i can't believe that our two oldest children are 7 and almost 7---less than two weeks zachary will be also! time sure does go by so fast, and i agree with you in seeingn so many changes, physically, spiritually, and interests. i do also, cherish each day that i have to spend with both the kids! Emma's outfit is so adorable--i love her hair, too! she is getting to be so grown up---Happy birthday! we miss you guys and you are all in our hearts and prayers....
love you guys---
patrick, marybeth, zachary and noah
Post a Comment