Tuesday, February 06, 2007

The Frozen North

Yes, it is COLD here in Michigan. When Kris left to take Emma to school this morning, the real temp was -5 with a wind chill of -20! Schools all over the state have closed. Midland didn't get the memo. We follow what the public schools do, so we have had school these last two days while most other surrounding counties have not. I was surprised anyway that they would close the schools for it being cold in MI, but I guess with kids walking and taking the bus, it can be really dangerous. We are staying indoors as much as possible, to say the least!

Here are some pics of Kris being silly over the weekend. We had quite a bit of ice outside hanging down around the house as you can see:


Pan pipes


Ice Oozie


Queen of Narnia

Yes, he keeps life fun and exciting!!!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

huh. reminds me of someone. now if only I can remember who....

Bevin said...

Thanks for the tip on your family blog. The ice pictures are so funny - they made me laugh! Your girls are so sweet. I'm going to have to figure out how to do those slide shows. It is great to a have a way to keep up with old friends (old meaning from awhile ago, not that we're getting old - lol.) Does Kurt or Karl have a blog that we can check out?

Anonymous said...

funny kris...

Kris Stephens said...

Kurt and Karl have blogs?????? Yeah, right! No, Bevin, unfortunately they are still stuck in the last decade! Only Karmen and I have blogs. May be we could post some pics of their families on our blogs so that you could see them. As far as the slide shows go, Andrea is the one who does those. I have no idea how it's done. I guess I'm still stuck in the last decade a bit too! :-)

Anonymous said...

actually Kris...Kurt does have a blog...they just can't get on it to put more pictures up. i think they may have forgotten how to sign in?!?!? they have one post on there from like october. anyway, i just wanted to prove you wrong! =)

Kris Stephens said...

Ok, Karmen, but by proving me wrong about having a blog you proved me right about being stuck in the last decade--Kurt doesn't even know how to update the blog that he has! Just wanted to be proved right after having been proved wrong. :-)

Bevin said...

You two are hilarious.

Secondstringbean said...

I didn't realize you guy worked with the Warrens. Maria went to Sterling and grew up there. Small world