Monday, February 26, 2007

February Fun Times

Well, it has been a busy but fun month this February. Today, in fact, has been no exception. We had a snow day, so outside we went to play in the white stuff. Surprisingly enough, we did not have more than 4 or 5 inches of new snow. We were expecting at least 8 inches in our area. They closed schools because the snow was wet and heavy coming down yesterday, and it was mixed with sleet. It made quite a mess of the roads. The trucks weren't out until late yesterday clearing what had fallen most of the day. We had a bit more overnight, but I am really surprised there was no school. Sleeping in is quite nice though! The girls and I headed outside to play. Emma started a snowman on her own. The snow was perfect, and it wasn't that cold outside. I helped Emma get the base done, but we were sure glad Daddy came home to help finish, since the snow was heavy. Here are some pictures:






Other fun this month has included:

*Emma's playing at our school's Friendship Banquet.



*My continuing Bible study on the book of I Peter. We have a great group of ladies meeting each week who are excited about studying God's Word, praying together, and enjoying true fellowship.

*Kris having opportunities to lead a 4-week study on the goodness of God in our Sunday evening Prime Time.

*My working with the children's choir and seeing them grow and develop with their voices but spiritually as well.

*Olivia learning her letters and telling us "P" is for peanuts and letting everyone know that peanuts grow under the dirt--very exciting to her! :-)

*Of course you already know my thoughts on Valentine's Day :-)

*This weekend I was able to be in a concert featuring selections from various Broadway musicals. My director was sensitive to my convictions in not being in part of the concert that just the chorale was doing. He let me sit on the end and leave the stage for that selection. God is giving me opportunities to be vocal about my beliefs. PTL! Doug LaBrecque (a former Phantom and many other characters) was our featured artist, and he brought in Diane Penning to sing with him. Long story short, my conductor requested that they listen to ME sing before they left (AAAHHHHH), and I was able to have a private audience with each of them at seperate times. They were wonderful and very encouraging to me. I was even offered to have a couple of lessons with Doug LaBrecque when he comes back to vacation in MI this summer (he is from MI and a U of M grad). Wow--they are both just amazing, and I am so thankful for the opportunities I had with them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the snowman! it is so HUGE!! so very cool!! wow, i can't believe school was cancelled, but at least you got out and enjoyed it! we got lots of snow, but it was not good packing snow for us--perhaps as it warms up a little it will be. the boys really want to make a snowman!

The Barkers said...

I LOVE Mr. Snowman! He is fashionably cute! Wish I could have been there to help! However I enjoyed the 65 degree, sunny day we had. I'll let you have the snow! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you all had a blast! I too love the snowman...very classy... we still have you beat for snow though... =) can't wait to lay on the beach with you all in May!!! Doesn't that sound good?

Jenny said...

that is one distinguished looking snowman. HOPEFULLY this weekend all our snow will melt away in the 50* weather I'm counting on!! You would think that I would see you every once in awhile, since we live in the same town, go to the same church...hope all is well!

The Barkers said...

OH where OH where has Andrea gone?