
She didn't know he was outside "drawing" this message with his feet. He took her upstairs and told her to look out the window. I think that's pretty cool. No pun intended. :-) I also found out that for Valentine's Day, he stopped by their church on his way to work, and went to my mom's Bible study table that she would be at that morning. He left quite the display: Huge balloon, roses, a big chocolate "I Love You," and a card. He also got on the local talk radio station that was asking people to call in with special Valentine's stories or messages, and he proclaimed His love for her their too.
Okay, so anyway, in case you couldn't tell, I love all that kind of stuff, but I must say that I am so thankful for a husband that never lets me forget that he loves me and makes our relationship special all the time. We got to sing together ("All I Ask of You" from Phantom of the Opera and "O Wondrous Love" about God's love for us) on Valentine's Day for a women's Christian organization that was meeting at the Midland Country Club. That was fun but a bit awkward for Kris. ha ha Later that day, he brought me flowers and surprised me with one of the Willow Tree figures that I am collecting. It's the couple called "Together." I was so excited to add it to my collection. He found a really special card for me, and this weekend we went to a Japanese steakhouse that we love and had a great time! I surprised him with a professionally done picture of me and the girls I had done in Dec. I framed it for his office. Well, I hope you all had fun celebrating with your significant others and even your kids. Ours had parties at school and AWANA, so we have plenty of candy around that I need to stay away from! Don't forget to tell and show the people in your life how much you love and care for them everyday.
3 comments:
How great! Now we have more matching Willow Tree stuff! Did I say I thought Valentine's Day was silly? I did not think I said anything so harsh. :-) I am very glad you can celebrate and be happy to have so many people to love, and who love you! That is a great story (and photo) about your dad. Wanna come over for coffee some time this week?
O.K., I guess "stated" was the wrong word. :-) I just read over your post again on your apathy towards Valentine's Day. "Silly" was my interpretation of your feelings on the holiday. Ha ha I do love you, Jenny. :-) I am glad to have a friend like you, and I would love to get together for coffee. We'll talk.
AAAAAAAAweee your dad is too sweet.
Well to snswer your 3 posts...dawn is name and the screen name is because I post on our teen website all the time...and we are the second string so I saw it fitting. anyway...I am not a creep or anything just a blast fromthe past!
Dawn
Post a Comment