Wow, I realized this week that I have been blogging for a year now. While I haven't been able to post as often as I would like sometimes, I have really enjoyed blogging. It's fun to have a journal and scrapbook of sorts, seeing that I have wanted to do both of those things and not had great success in those areas. Besides the enjoyment of blogging for myself, I know there are several of you (comment makers under posts or not) who have told me that you enjoy checking the blog to see how the girls are changing and find out what we've been up to. Thanks for your visits to our site. :-)
I have almost caught up on all of the pics from the events since school got out. I still have a lot to post concerning my recent trip to SC. That is coming soon. Today may not be the day. We have lots going on. Bible study is tonight at my house, and I need to finish preparing and getting the house ready for that. :-)
The VanDenBergs (new band director/music teacher) arrived in Midland last night. I will be watching their kids later today. The closing on their house is tomorrow morning, and then we can help them move in. We are excited that they are here. Another cause for excitement is the soon arrival of the Browns! They are the friends we got close to soon after we moved here to Midland. They moved to Minn. 9 months after our arrival. Patrick got transferred with DOW Chemical. Thankfully, he is getting something like a double promotion and coming back to DOW here in Midland. Marybeth and I have kept up through e-mail and occasional phone calls. We have also been able to have them stay with us 3 times since their move to Minn. when they have come to Midland for various reasons. They will actually be arriving here on Sat. and staying with us. I found out this morning that their truck will be here on Sun., sooner than anticipated, so they will be excited to start getting settled into their new house at the beginning of the week.
On Monday, we are looking forward to going to Michigan's Adventure with the girls. They have never been to an amusement park before, so they are sooooo excited. I am too! :-) We are going with the Poupard family, so it will be lots of fun to be with friends. Well, that's all for now. Thanks to those of you who encouraged me to be a blogger. It's been fun!
No comments:
Post a Comment