We like to drive up a local hill to get a panoramic view of the mountains surrounding the valley. Here you can see the San Bernardino Mountains to the left and the peak of another straight out. I think it is San Jacinto.
Big Bear is a big winter sports area that we have yet to visit. You can see it here--the biggest peak, I believe, all covered in snow.
This gives another shot of the San Bernardino Mountains just further to my left. A family from our church lives up there and drives down to worship with us each week.
Here is where the San Gabriel Mountains and the San Bernardino Mountains meet. The Cajon Pass runs between them.
Zooming in on the beautiful San Gabriels
Same view, zoomed out
Driving back down the hill, I asked Kris to stop so that I could get this shot of the palm trees against the snow-covered mountains. Nice combination, eh? We have a lot of variety in this area!
Another view of the San Gabriel Mountains as we were headed home. The green you see here is only going to be like that for a short while. Normally everything is brown. This is our "green time" of year!
3 comments:
looks like a pretty time to come visit...
The scenery is gorgeous. Does that mean we will miss the green by coming in March?
I can't believe the green I'm seeing.
Wish we could see it in person.
Hugs!
It should still look fairly green, I think. As long as we get some precipitation off and on until then, things won't get brown. The cactus is supposed to be in bloom at that time, so maybe driving from AZ would have pretty scenes in the desert. :-)
Post a Comment