Sunday, March 02, 2008

Could It Be?

Could it be that I am writing a post on my blog?
Could it be that I needed a change (what do you think of it)?
Could it be that this really is MARCH?
Could it be that everyone in our household will be well and I will teach again?
Could it be that we are having rain and not snow here in MI?
Could it be that I have asked too many questions?????? :-)

Yes, I am alive and am wanting to get back to the blog. Soooo much has happened since my last post. I thankfully have continued snapping pictures and keeping mental notes of what we've done the last 2 months.

Basically, we had a great Christmas and enjoyed family time after an insanely busy Nov. and Dec. Our annual trip to SC was great. We drove through the night on Christmas Eve and got to my parents the next morning. Sarah, Joe, and Jonas came over, and we all had a wonderful Christmas together. Kris and I were able to visit with some of our friends in SC, and we did see some others at the WILDS Music Conference the next week. The girls had a fun time staying with Grammy and Papa while we were gone. It was hard to say good-bye, but we got home at the end of the first week of Jan. and jumped back into life here.

The second week of Jan. brought an experience that I won't soon forget--a tonsillectomy and nose surgery! I'll spare you the details. It was very rough. Thankfully I am mostly done healing. I actually go for a 2nd post-op visit this Thurs. I am looking forward to breathing better, and having less throat issues overall!

Feb. was fairly uneventful. I continued to get better and began teaching again. Unfortunately lessons/classes were not as consistent as anyone would have liked due to snow days and sickness. Here's hoping that March will be a lot more promising. I was able to get our children's choir going again at church last month. I really enjoyed getting back to it after taking Dec. off for different Christmas programs and such as well as Jan. for my recovery. Sadly, today I was not able to conduct the song that we worked on for the morning service. Kris so sweetly filled in for me. :-) Emma is sick with either strep (tested at Urgent Care today) or possibly the respiratory flu that Olivia is getting over. Olivia was sick for 10 days with it--8 full days of fever and on Motrin! Thankfully she is better and will go to school tomorrow. Anyway, the other thing I have been able to get back to is Bible study. I am excited about what God is doing there, and I am glad to be studying II Cor.

Kris just finished teaching a Prime Time class on justification and loved that. He also started a new short study in our SS class. We recently finished taking our class through The Exemplary Husband by Stuart Scott and The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace. We would meet together as couples and then split up for the last 1/2 an hour and go through the lessons. It was very good! Soon Kris will start a book of the Bible for our class to go through verse by verse. He is also working on Easter music, as Easter is really early this year. It seemed we finished the Christmas cantata and had to jump right into working on the Easter cantata. We are repeating Once Upon A Tree this year with some variation. I think it's a good thing to do the same cantata again. As much sickness that has gone around with just about every family we know, and many people missing rehearsals, it's helpful to sing something familiar. The biggest thing this week (Friday) for Kris is our state fine arts competition, MACS, which we host in our school. Pray for him as he has his groups perform but also has a lot of extra stuff this week in relation to our hosting the competition.

Well, that is the best I could do to summarize the last 2 months. I will work on pictures to post. The girls continue growing up and changing on us! God continues to stretch us and grow us all in many areas. He is always good, and we look to Him to guide us each day. His grace is sufficient and absolutely amazing!

No comments: