Well, my calendar does say that Spring came yesterday. Michigan never really quite understands that though. :-) Hey, we did have a sunny day, even though our wind chills were in the 20's yesterday. I seriously am thankful for the sun. It makes a difference in the midst of the cold. In the last couple of weeks, we have had more sunny days, heard birds start singing again, and even had some rain that SMELLED like Spring! That has been very exciting.
Olivia has asked for a long time when all the snow would be gone and when summer would come again. She just skipped over the thought of having a season in between. That is about right though in this state. ha ha Her excitement these last couple of days has cracked me up. Two days ago she ran to the sliding glass door, yelling, "Mommy, Mommy, look!!!" I asked what was going on and she said, "I can see WOOD chips! And, I see DIRT around the tree. Do you see the dirt, Mommy?!?" I just hugged her and said, "Yes, I do. Are you excited that the snow is going away, and we can see the ground?" A hearty, "YES!" came out of the child. :-) She hasn't really loved winter here. Later that day, as we were driving to the store, she made sure she pointed out how so much grass is now showing in various places (along the ramp to the highway, in front of a business near the red light, etc.). The grass isn't even very green yet, but to her, she sees an exciting, colorful world emerging as the snow melts away.
I'm reminded to be thankful for what we do have and not always wish for the "better" thing (tulips, daffodils, leaves, etc.). Those will come in time. Most importantly, I'm reminded that my joy should not be based on my circumstances, but found in Christ each day. I am so glad that He is in control, and I can rest in Him for what is best for us, even in the weather here in MI.
No comments:
Post a Comment