Well, it has been a while, but I am back to posting. I was unable to go to Gary Campbell's funeral due to continued recovering, but Kris said that it was amazing--God-focused, great testimony, very moving, etc. We were encouraged once again to think of our own lives and what kind of testimony we will leave behind. By God's grace, may He be lifted up and seen!
I was very excited that my doctor gave me permission to go on our trip to S.C. It was great! I will be working on posting lots of new pictures. We had a great time loving on baby Jonas, spending time with family, seeing our dear friends, and just relaxing as a family. I unfortunately spent part of Tues. at an Urgent Care because of some stitches not wanting to hold. :-/ Thank the Lord that wasn't serious, and I can still wait to see my surgeon on the 29th for my post-op. I was a bit sad though. We had a day planned with my parents and Sarah and Joe to go to Charlotte for the day (Cheesecake Factory, IMAX, a little shopping. . . .). Obviously I was already doing too much, so the Lord kept me from making things worse by doing more than maybe I should have. We did get to go to our friends', the Bells, house that night and have a wonderful time with friends, nearly 20 of them (kids included). I also had a couple of lunches before we left with girls that were in our youth group when Kris was at Grace. It was neat to see what God is doing in their lives.
I have to praise my wonderful husband for making my birthday so special. He picked up the girls and me for lunch (surprise!) and took us to a wings place we love here in town. It was awesome! He wouldn't tell me what we were doing later, but I knew I needed to be ready. He came home from work with beautiful flowers, and then we packed up the girls, took them to some friends to be watched, and then went to Outback Steakhouse on a date! Since surgery, we haven't had time like that, so it was very special. Both of us had incredible meals too. :-) We did some shopping afterward at stores in Saginaw that we don't have here, and then I got a great card from him that included a certain dollar amount for me to go shopping for clothes/jewelry I might want. 8-) He said he will watch the girls whenever I want to go. He's wonderful!!! Thanks, sweetheart--I love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment