Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Summer Fun!

Well, for you family members and friends in the south, we are feeling the same type of heat you have been having. We actually were even warmer than places like AZ, FL, and SC yesterday. Our heat index in Mid-Michigan was 110 degrees! Kris went to play an 8:45 PM softball game last night. It was 90 degrees at that time of day with a heat index of 100 still. Unbelievable! Today and tomorrow are predicted to be the same. The girls are loving the pool. I unfortunately can't go in still because of my type of surgery. We had a girl from church come over this morning with a couple of other kids she babysits, and they all had a blast. Olivia doesn't usually last long in the pool for some reason. Today the issue was that she didn't want to be splashed by the older kids. As you will see below, she found her way to have fun them. :-)

Emma having fun with the Ouderkirks

Emma ready to jump in

Olivia ready to attack

Olivia spraying the kids in the pool

Olivia looking pretty proud of herself

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey guys....looks like you have been having a lot of fun in the pool this summer. Wish I could come over and swim. I tried leaving you a comment a while ago and it didn't work. It was a funny one. But I can't remember now what I said. But I thought I would say hi, say happy birthday to Andrea, and I love you guys. Hopefully we will talk soon.

Love you guys,
Karm

Stephens said...

Thanks Karmen! I am making sure that my settings are right for anyone to post a comment. Unfortunately it looks like our swimming days over. Even though it is August and getting into the high 70s/low 80s during the day, our night temps are causing us to lose any warmth in the water (67 degrees when I checked yesterday). Next year we need a solar cover!

Love you,

Andrea