Sunday, January 25, 2009

Thankful for Mom Stephens

Today marks nine years since my mother-in-law went home to be with Jesus. She was an amazing woman who was such a great example to me of a wife (a pastor's wife at that :-) ), mother, and servant for the Lord. I so wish that my girls could have known her, that I could have gotten to know her better, and that Kris still had his mom, but I know God's ways are always best. He makes no mistake! I would have never wanted her to continue suffering in her battle with cancer. We were fortunate to have her for over 3 more yrs. after her cancer diagnosis. What we do have are pictures, stories to tell, and even some video to remind us of her and share who she was with our girls. Our girls have a godly heritage that we desire to pass on. While I write this post through tears, I am reminded that we don't grieve as others who have no hope. I Thessalonians 4:13-14. Mom is with her Lord and Savior. We are not sad for her. We get sad for us because we don't have her here anymore, but who would want to take her from the presence of the Almighty to this sinful world again? I look forward to the time when we will worship God purely with her one day around the throne.

God is good, ALL the time!

Here are some pictures of Mom that Karmen posted on facebook today.

2 comments:

Scot said...

Yes, I miss Mrs. Stephens, too. She was a great lady.

A Hint of Home said...

I wish I could see the pics Karmen posted. I know you all miss her and have great memories to reflect back on.
A very moving tribute.
Love you guys!