
Today, I am thankful that God is patient with me. Don't you wish we would struggle with something just once, learn from it, and then never have the same problem again? Hah! Wouldn't we become too self-sufficient though and stop depending on God? I don't want to go it alone in this life! God's ways are always the best. I look at the verse above, under the title of our blog, and I am convicted once again--stop looking at the circumstances that don't make sense, are tough, unwanted even, etc. and get my mind stayed on God! Oh that I would see our faithful, unchanging Rock and rest peacefully in His sovereign will. This is what needs to happen in the everyday, mundane stuff of life--a homeschool day not going according to plan, stiff/painful muscles that don't want to move well, running out of time to do something fun, or whatever it is that just isn't going my way!
Do we really see God in the "small" things? He is there. He is using it all for our good and His glory. It matters to Him. Romans 8:26-39 Oh Lord, conform us to your Son, and give us the grace and strength through Him!
1 comment:
Thanks, I needed this today. Yes, it WOULD be great if we could learn things a little faster. :-)
Post a Comment